Seasoned Corporate Law Attorney Assists Firms in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area
Rockville, Maryland lawyer enables businesses to overcome legal challenges
Even when they seem simple, corporate legal matters require careful handling. Missing a small detail can lead to serious consequences. My attention to detail and meticulous preparation are why so many corporations entrust important tasks to Irving Greenberg Attorney at Law. From my Rockville office, I have helped area businesses achieve their legal objectives for 35 years. Whether you’re facing a labor or litigation crisis or just establishing beneficial internal procedures, you can rely on my firm to handle each matter efficiently and tackle each challenge effectively.
Comprehensive advice on Maryland corporate formation
Launching a new business is an exciting event, but it’s also one that requires numerous legal decisions and obligations. I can guide you through the business formation process and advise you on matters such as:
- Creating a suitable legal entity — I can outline the relative merits of corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and other entities authorized by the Maryland Secretary of State.
- Developing a foundation for success — By enacting authoritative bylaws and buy-sell agreements, shareholders can create ground rules to enable lasting success and prepare for the possibility of sudden changes in ownership.
- Obtaining required regulatory approval — Establishing a suitable corporate entity is only the first step toward opening a business. Irving Greenberg Attorney at Law explains and helps firms satisfy licensing and regulatory requirements.
As a member of the Maryland legal community for more than three decades, I am proud of my strong working relationships with longtime clients. With each new venture, I always provide advice that allows your business to grow and thrive in the long term.
Dedicated counsel for a wide variety of labor and employment issues
When conflicts arise within a company’s workforce, the entire operation is threatened. Irving Greenberg Attorney at Law provides skilled counsel in both a litigation and an advisory capacity for contentious issues relating to:
- Discrimination — I have a detailed understanding of federal and state laws regarding alleged discrimination based on protected characteristics such as race, sex and religion. Whether you’re being accused in a regulatory proceeding or a lawsuit, I will craft a strong defense.
- Wrongful termination — Even when a dismissal is merited and proper pursuant to the at-will provision of most employment contracts, allegations of wrongful termination can arise. I defend your business against such claims.
- Wage-and-hour claims — Questions about overtime wages might seem simple, but calculating hours in special situations and determining which employees are exempt can lead to legal violations. I will outline exactly what needs to be done to ensure your business is complying with the law.
With more than three decades of experience assisting employers in the Washington, D.C. area, Irving Greenberg Attorney at Law has handled unique situations for all types of businesses.
Skilled advocacy to resolve partnership and shareholder disputes
Breakups among the owners of a business can be bitter and costly to all parties involved. Even if you only suspect that a conflict exists, immediate legal guidance is necessary to protect your rights. I can quickly evaluate the legal rights of each partner or shareholder and work diligently toward a solution that preserves what belongs to you without destroying the business in the process.
Contact a business and property lawyer serving the Washington, D.C. area for a free consultation
Irving Greenberg Attorney at Law represents clients in business litigation and transactional matters. I also assist individuals and families with estate planning and real property concerns. Please call 240-428-0852 or contact me online for a free initial consultation at my office in Rockville, Maryland.